Saturday, January 5, 2008

Saying goodbye

I had/have a lot of good ideas for posts, which will be put up soon. But I have to admit that today I don't have a lot of heart in me.
Today/yesterday is about saying goodbye. No one is dying/had died, but a large part of my heart happens to be skipping away across the atlantic at about 12:30pm today. Which I hate. Because it's not fair, but it's part of the contract I signed in my head. If you love someone, you have no choice but to let their dreams come true. It's part of the deal, the contract you signed. And while you can rage, and shout and get really really angry, it doesn't work.
I don't actually rage or shout, I just cry. A lot. And I wonder how I'm going to do it. That's until about a day in when I remember that for the majority of the past two years, it's been the status quo. It's not as if I'm not used to having my heart flit away like that. It's what happens.
So for the next 5 months I get to spend every day thinking about him, wondering what he's doing and how he is. Wondering how stressed he is, and if there was anything I can do to help. All while I'm 7000km away from him.
On the bright side, it's only 5 months. We've done longer. And then he's back!! For a whole month!! And then we go travelling.

More immediately, over the next few days I shall:
Begin work full time
Get serious about building a schedule of things to entertain myself with for the next year
Get serious about getting fit.

He has 5 hours left in Australia. And I'm trying to make every minute last an eternity

No comments: