Thursday, January 3, 2008

Haven't updated for past two days. Trying to get into habit of updating.
Main events of past two days:
Saw Alicat :)!!!
Said goodbye to grandparents yesterday, which was sad but I'll try and get over to Perth at some point during this year, so will hopefully see them again
Met up with old family friends which was lovely
Met one of Alicat's friends from school, Jean. Had tea in the tea centre which was very fun, and enjoyed myself immensley
Had a great dinner with friends at Cinque in Newtown last night, was great to see everyone and catch up. Had interesting conversations, and a wonderful meal :)

Currently reading: Going Dutch in Beijing by Mark McCrum. I got it for my bday from Dad, and I've nearly finished it. It's a really readable set of conventions of cultures all over the world. Funny at times, though the generalisations he tends to make do annoy me. A good summer read which makes me more interested in the subjects he's talking about, however I would like to go into more depth with the cultures, which I will hopefully do soon.

Heading up to Ali's place today, which makes me sad as it's the last time I'll see him for 5 months. An inevitable consequence, and one I know I can live with, but I just don't like living with it!!Aah, at least it's the last time. We must be happy for the small bonuses we can get.
Will update more soon
Bec

No comments: